Ethernet cable connects devices to the internet, and they often come with many advantages, like faster internet speed and more reliable connectivity. However, ethernet cables can also make a room look cluttered, especially when they are left out in plain sight or tangled with other cables. To create a tidy and organized living space, it’s essential to know how to hide neatly concealed ethernet cables. There are various methods to hide ethernet cables, including running them along walls or underneath floors, using cable raceways or cable clips, and even creating dedicated covers.
Some of the essential factors to consider when hiding ethernet cables are the desired point of connection, the length of the cable needed, and the foot traffic in the room. It is essential to select a suitable material for concealing cables, like robust and protective materials, to ensure a seamless transition while enduring regular wear and tear. With the correct tools and resources, it can be an uncomplicated process to hide ethernet cables which will significantly improve the aesthetic and ambiance of a room.
From wall-mounted cable concealer to floor-based cord covers, there are plenty of options to keep all your cables neatly concealed while keeping your smart home devices and electronic devices connected to the internet. In our guide, you can learn about several methods that offer easy installation to hide your wires. By the end, regardless of where you must run your cable, there is an option to hide your cables and electrical wiring, so you can get the fastest connection speeds by using an ethernet cord rather than Wi-Fi. (Learn How To Fix Stripped Screw Hole In Metal)
Why Hide Ethernet Cables?
The stowing away of any ethernet cables is an excellent answer to the problem of maintaining a clean and well-kept appearance in the space you’re responsible for maintaining. If you can find a way to conceal any ethernet connections in a tidy manner, it will create the impression that your space is more well-organized and appealing. Nevertheless, this is not the only advantage of concealing your Ethernet cables.
For several reasons, it is in your best interest to keep your Ethernet cables out of sight. First, it can shield your cables from being accidentally damaged by foot traffic or any other impact. This can help to ensure your internet and ethernet connection stays solid and reliable. Hiding your ethernet cables can help to future-proof your smart home by ensuring that all your cables are in the right place.
Regarding hiding your ethernet cable wired connection, there are many ways to do it. You can run ethernet cable along the wall, use wall-mounted ethernet cable concealers, or use floor-based covers. No matter what method you choose, ensuring protective materials protect your cables is vital. When hiding ethernet cable, you need a transition from the cable to the desired location. Doing this ensures your cables are hidden from sight and not interfering with other devices in your room.
How to Hide Ethernet Cables on Walls
If you want to run ethernet cables in your room but don’t want them in plain sight, there are several ways on how to run ethernet cable along the wall and neatly conceal them. Here are some methods you can use to hide ethernet cables on walls.
1. Using Wall Mounted Cable Concealers
Wall-mounted cable concealers are a wonderful way to hide your ethernet cables while keeping them quickly accessible. These concealers are made of sturdy material and provide a smooth transition, and to use, mount the concealer to the wall and run an ethernet cable inside.
2. Using Cable Raceways
Cable raceways hide ethernet cables and quickly mount them to the wall.
3. Using Duct Raceways
Duct raceways are like the above but larger and can accommodate more cable. They are typically used for low-voltage electrical wiring and are a fantastic way to hide cables.
4. Using Corner Duct Raceways
A corner duct raceway fits in the corner of a room to hide ethernet cable without taking up wall space. Tip: You might use a powerline adapter or running cables through the power lines with strips or floor-based cord covers for longer cable runs. (Learn How To Fix A Bad Mud Job On Painted Drywall)
How to Hide Ethernet Cables on Floors
To avoid tripping hazards, ethernet cables should not be left on the floor where they can be seen, creating an eyesore. Fortunately, several ways exist to hide them and keep your room tidy.
1. Using Floor-Based Cord Covers
The covers keep cables out of sight while running along the floor.
They come in various lengths and widths so you can choose the size for your needs.
To use floor-based covers, follow these steps:
- Measure the length of the cable you want to hide.
- Cut the cord cover to the desired length.
- Open the cord cover and place the cable inside.
- Close the cord cover and press it firmly to the floor to secure it in place.
Floor-based cord covers are an easy and effective way to hide wired ethernet connection.
2. Using Floor Ethernet Cable Protectors
The protectors are made with strong materials to run ethernet cable discretely.
To use floor ethernet cable protectors, follow these steps:
- Measure the length of the cable you want to hide and choose a protector that is an appropriate length.
- Open the protector and place the ethernet cable inside.
- Close the protector and press it firmly to the floor to secure it in place.
Other Tips for Hiding Ethernet Cables on Floors
Here are some additional tips for hiding ethernet cables on floors:
- Use cable management boxes to keep cables concealed in one room.
- Use adhesive strips or adhesive tape to secure the cable to the floor or baseboards.
- Use cable clips or a cord clip to keep the cable organized and out of sight.
- Use corner ducts or raceways to run cables along room corners out of sight.
- Consider powerline adapters or power strips to reduce the number of power cables and ethernet cable on the floor.
Following these tips, you can see how to hide ethernet cable along the wall and floor and keep your room tidy. (Read Can You Pour Concrete On Wet Ground)
How to Hide Ethernet Cables Along Walls
One of the simplest and easiest ways is to conceal your Ethernet cables along the walls to ensure your room stays neat and free from loose wires. Not only does it make your room look neater, but it also protects your network cables from foot traffic and potential damage.
Here are some ways to hide Ethernet cables along the walls:
1. Run the Cable Underneath the Baseboard Molding
Another way to hide Ethernet cables along walls is by running them underneath the baseboard molding.
2. Use Cord Clips or Double-Sided Adhesive Tape
For a quick and easy solution for network cables, you can use cord clips or double-sided adhesive tape to hide Ethernet cables along walls.
Ethernet cord clips are small plastic ethernet cable clips to be attached to the wall, while adhesive tape can connect the cable directly to the wall.
3. How to Hide Ethernet Cables Along Baseboards
One of the most practical approaches to hiding ethernet cables is to route them along the baseboards in your home.
4. Using Baseboard Cable Concealers
Baseboard cable concealers are an excellent solution for hiding cables along baseboards. These cable channel concealers are made of sturdy protective materials and provide a smooth transition from the wall to the floor.
They are also easy to install, with many options that use double-sided adhesive tape or adhesive backing.
- To use baseboard cable concealers, start by measuring the appropriate length of the concealer for your cable.
- Next, peel off the adhesive backing and press the concealer against the baseboard.
- Run your ethernet cable inside the concealer and snap the adhesive strip and cover back into place. This will ensure your cable is neatly concealed and protected from foot traffic.
Another option is to use corner wall cable duct raceways to hide cables in room corners.
These raceways are designed to fit snugly in the corner of a wall and provide a dedicated cover for all your cables. They are easy to install and provide a smooth transition from one wall to another.
You can use cable raceways or floor-based cord covers if a longer cable needs to be run along the wall.
These options allow you to have a separate channel for your cables to keep them out of sight. If you have a room with many people coming and going or must move electronics around frequently, these products are perfect for you.
Besides concealing ethernet cables, you can also use these methods to hide other cables, like power cables and HDMI cables. This will help keep all the wires in your room meticulously organized and out of sight. (Read Digging A Trench By Hand)
How to Hide Ethernet Cables Underneath Carpets
If you want to keep your room tidy and conceal your ethernet cables, hiding them under carpets can be a brilliant solution.
Here are some steps to help you hide your flat cables and ethernet cables under carpets:
- Plan the route: Plan the route of the ethernet cable and ensure it is the shortest and most direct path possible. This ensures the cable is not stretched or bent, which can lead to interference and a slower internet connection.
- Use a sturdy protective material: Use sturdy protective material, like floor-based cord covers or floor ethernet cable protectors, to protect your ethernet cables from foot traffic and other electronic devices.
- Run the ethernet cable under the carpet: Use a flat or longer cable to be quickly hidden under the carpet. Run the cable underneath the carpet with a smooth transition from the wall to the desired point.
- Use cable covers: Use cable covers or cable concealer to neatly conceal the ethernet cable or other cable along room corners and baseboard moldings.
- Consider a cable management box: If you have many cables and wires to hide, consider using a cable management box to keep all the wires organized and neatly concealed.